Learn About Missouri Expungement

You are here: Home > Learn More

If you have a lawyer, your lawyer will help get your records. The CMR Project does this as well.

If you are seeking an expungement without a lawyer, these are places you may want to try.


  • Go to https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet.
  • For detailed instructions, click on “Help” in the top left and select “Search Help.” It will take you step by step.
  • Not all cases are on Casenet. Older cases and local (muni court) cases often cannot be found on Casenet, but
  • It’s good to start there because searches on Casenet are free.

Criminal Records Repository - Missouri State Highway Patrol (MSHP)
     (also known as Missouri Automated Criminal History System (MACHS))

   If you haven’t found everything you are looking for using Casenet, this is the next place to try.

If you can’t find what you need from either of these sources, you may have to contact the Criminal Records Department of the Court where you were convicted directly.